Break past barriers. Be your best self. Make a positive impact. Step into your greatness.
Trying to pretend we have it all together is unrealistic, unattainable and exhausting. As a recovering perfectionist, I’m learning to embrace my flaws and support others in doing the same. I take my work seriously but have learned not to take myself so seriously.
My career path has shown me how wellness — for people and for organizations — starts with supporting each person’s ability to show up fully and authentically human.
I began my career in 1994 in the fitness industry as a group fitness instructor and personal trainer (Zumba is still one of my favorite forms of exercise!). I earned my bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology and my master’s degree in Public Health, with a focus was on worksite health promotion. I became disheartened when I realized the way we approached supporting employee wellness didn't really work, and knew I needed to find a better path.
After personally experiencing the ill-effects of a toxic work environment, I was inspired to shift gears and completed my Ph.D. in Organization and Management where I focused on organizational culture, leadership and coaching.
I started to see how incredibly interconnected our own health and wellbeing is with the organizations where we work. After holding various leadership and consulting roles, I co-founded Salveo Partners, LLC, a consulting and professional development firm dedicated to rehumanizing workplaces so organizations and their people can thrive.
My Core Values
Making a Difference
- building & nurturing community
- challenging self-limiting assumptions
- showing up authentically and sharing self and ideas
- compassion for self and others (non-judgment, forgiveness)
- curiosity and open to learn
- expressing gratitude
In order for us to step into our greatness, we must clarify our personal core values. Core values define us when we're at our best. Clarifying personal core values and translating them into key behaviors can give us filters to help make hard decisions, and articulate our purpose.
Salveo Partners, LLC, the consulting firm I co-founded with Dr. Jon Robison, partners with organizations and teams of all sizes across industries to help them build more human, thriving workplace cultures.
I'm a Constant Work In Progress.
Through ongoing education, I've continued to stretch and develop myself while using what I've learned to help others. Nothing lights me up more than seeing people move beyond their self-limiting stories and come alive as they step into their greatness.
I’m far from perfect. Thankfully, I'm lucky enough to have an amazingly supportive husband, Dave, who pushes me when I start being small. And I'm a pretty kick-ass mom to my amazing son, Peyton. They keep me grounded and remind me to focus on what matters most — our relationships.
To keep myself from staying small, I continuously read, learn about new ideas, and meet new people.
I tiptoed into the world of coaching in 1999 after years of therapy and then completing the Curriculum for Living with Landmark Education. I then learned about the professional world of coaching in 2004 and became a Certified Intrinsic Coach®. Eventually I became an Intrinsic Coach Mentor, and I trained new coaches for many years.
Today I hold various certifications that allow me to help people in all kinds of different ways:
- Board Certified Coach
- Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
- Certified Immunity to Change® Coach
- Certified Immunity to Change for Teams facilitator
- Certified Intrinsic Coach® Coach
- Certified to administer The Leadership Circle Profile, Hogan, and Judgment Index assessments
I Love Self-Assessments
- On the Myers Briggs, I'm an ENTJ
- On the DISC, I'm a 100 on "I"
- On the Predictive Index, I'm a Persuader
- On the Enneagram, I'm a Type 2 (Helper)
- On the Hogan, I'm in the 100th percentile for Interpersonal Sensitivity and high on Ambition, Altruism and Aesthetics
- On the Judgment Index, I'm an INT-Extreme on Part 1 (work side) and a recovering perfectionist (INT%) on Part 2 (self-side)
- My top 5 Strengths on StrengthsFinder are: Achiever, Significance, Futuristic, Activator, Maximizer
If you like ice cream, or if you need a speaker or a partner who can help you inspire humanity, build a stronger workplace culture, or live into your greatness, let me know!